Have you ever thought of coloring as a way to pray? Pick up your colored pencils or crayons and discover a creative way to slow down and focus on God.
Sharon Seyfarth Garner invites adults to color mandalas as an easy, enjoyable, and tangible way to "be with God on purpose." Praying with Mandalas blends the relaxing and contemplative practice of coloring with these ancient spiritual practices:
- Lectio divina (meditative reading of scripture)
- Intercessory prayer
- Centering prayer
- Examen (reviewing the day's events to see where God was present)
This coloring book guides you through heartfelt, hands-on experiences of prayer. Delight in the colorful, contemplative practice of praying with mandalas.
- 10 pages of 4 blank mandala designs (40 mandalas)
- Information on the use of mandalas in Christian tradition
- Tips for praying with mandalas
- Simple explanations of mandalas and 4 spiritual practices
- Can be used with individuals or groups in diverse settings: retreats, hospitals, elder care residences, prisons, campus ministries, family devotions, and more