"I pray you find the same poetic beauty, awe-inspiring wisdom, and challenge to deeper discipleship that I have discovered in the lectionary and the pages of Disciplines." —Kara Lassen Oliver
Challenge yourself to a deeper relationship with Christ each day with The Upper Room Disciplines. Readings in this year-long devotional will awaken and strengthen your awareness of God’s presence in your daily life. Each week a different Christian thought leader offers daily meditations and prayers that will help you engage in God's Word.
Based on the Revised Common Lectionary, a three-year cycle of scripture readings, Disciplines features:
- A focal scripture passage for each day of the year
- Brief, insightful meditations from 53 thought leaders from diverse Christian traditions
- A prayer or reflection to carry with you each day
- Weekly scripture overviews
- An index of scripture readings
- A guide to daily prayer
Among the writers for the 2024 edition of Disciplines are Gabby Cudjoe-Wilkes, Johnathan Wilson-Hartgrove, Will Willimon, Tracy Malone, David Dark, Whitney Simpson, and Ray Buckley.